Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuxedo Truffle Mousse Bar Cake {heaven}



My husband brought home this most delectable slice of heaven the other day from the Fresh Market. Its called a "Tuxedo Truffle Mousse Bar Cake. This cake is beyond to die for and is most definitely at the top of my favorites lists. Its mildly sweet and has a rich and velvety ganache layered on top. It reminds me of tiramisu only without the coffee. There's a layer of white and chocolate marble cake with a light chocolate mousse on top, then another layer of cake and what I believe to be sweetened mascarpone cheese on top of that, and then another layer of cake that is topped off with the ganache and swirls of white chocolate! Oh my! I want to give this a try one of these days and when I do, I will be sure to post the outcome here. Can't wait to try it!

1 comment:

  1. i'm gonna try making this this week, friday i think! ... we have the exact same one @ save on foods Vancouver, BC. love it. i'll blog abt it then :) i think the white layer is a white choc mousse...
    do you have any leads on possible recipes to help me out? thx.

    ReplyDelete